This site is dedicated to the love of patterns from the past. I enjoy the styles, history, artwork and unique fashion.

Saturday 14 July 2012

Tropical Island Holiday.

I have just booked a holiday to the Cook Islands ! A beautiful, tropical, slow paced location, with white sandy beaches and clear turquoise blue water. A private villa on the beach in a 5 star resort.
So....what to wear, I hear you say ?

Im going to rummage through my boxes of vintage pattern treasures. I also found some summer modern patterns to throw in as contenders.


I really love this pattern and bought it last summer to make a full panel print dress.



The sleeves are kimono style. I feel they really make the dress stylish.


Its a Polynesian pattern, but don't you think the collar is more Asian?
Very sexy in both lengths - sexy Bond Girl style !


A very pretty day or evening dress, depending on the length you desire.
Wonderful with dressy snadals with a bit of sparkle.


I think the side split is wonderful and so polynesian.
Simple design, with its sleeveless semi fit dress, with or without a belt.


I cant have my Man going without a Hawaiian style shirt.
I love this 1950's Simplicity pattern. Look at those chiselled shoulders !!


I know its modern, but its Island wear for sure.
I love the neck line on this. Can be made as a loose fit dress or a casual shirt.


I love the colours and artwork in this. but most of all the full length dress with bateau neck and side splits.


Dont you just love the Vogue wardrobe patterns. So many pieces in one.
The shirt and 3/4 pants for shopping day trips, the long white dress and hat for the yacht and Im not sure what to do with the poncho?

So I have a couple of months to make a list and get sewing !





2 comments:

  1. I'm so envious, you lucky thing. You will look fabulous in your new creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs ! Im really looking forward to the time away and seeing something new. Must get sewing !!

      Delete